Whether you’re preparing to sell your home or just want to keep with with the neighbors, here are some tips for boosting your home’s curb appeal without spending a fortune:
- Power-wash your driveway and walkways to remove oil, rust and other stains.
- Clear the pathway to your front door by cutting back any overgrown trees or shrubs.
- Check for cobwebs and wipe down your front door and kick plate. Consider painting your door if its looking faded or worn.
- A new layer of bark will immediately improve the look of your yard. Well-maintained, clutter free yards are always appealing.
- Make your fence pop with a semi-transparent stain. It will even out signs of aging and help cover discoloration. Don’t forget your deck, steps, railings or shed.
- Freshly planted pots blooming with color add an inviting feel.
- Add some path and landscape lighting to highlight the best plants in your yard.
- Crystal clear windows are a strong indicator that your house has been well cared for.